niedziela, 7 października 2012

what happens when you run out of coffee?

day like the other ones

How are you starting your work day?

I'm usually first person in the office, so it's quite quiet, when I'm starting. I really like those moments when I am there, just me and my thoughts. No murmur, noise ... for a long time before all the noise of everyday life.

My first steps goes to the coffee machine, which I immediately turn on. Then I go to my computer, opens all the necessary applications and waiting ...
Before I finish, the coffee is ready.
I take my cup and for the first few sips I'm doing nothing, just tasting:) It takes something around five minutes. Only then can I start doing what I do and try to do it as best I can :)

are you ready for unexpected?

But sometimes not everything is exactly like we want to:(

One day, I go to the office and when I stand next to the coffee maker, I notice that there is no coffee! Ok, it happens, there is no reason to worry.
I walked over to the cabinet where we keep this kind of thing and now I really began to worry.
There was no coffee! Few types of teas, sugar, lemon, but there was no coffee?
I went to my desk. I tried to work, but there was something wrong and I could not stop thinking about this.
After while, others started coming. Just like me, they were also very upset by the fact that there was no coffee.
Of course, we quickly decided to buy it - a simple solution to our "big" problem.

But would not it be better, if there was no problem? If this coffee would be there, waiting there for us? It was easy to prevent this, but no one thought about it. Hopefully, it won't happen never again:)

there was no coffee, so what?

This time it was about coffee, but what if we forget about something really important, about something small, but which can have a great impact on the whole project? Solving the problem may no longer be quite so simple then.
Therefore, you should prevent problems, look to the future, think about what could go wrong.

You must always remember to not run out of coffee :)

1 komentarz:

  1. Yesterday i found that E=mc^2 in IT have different meaning...
    Energy = motivation * coffee^2

    But now I'm thinking if coffee = sqrt(Energy/motivation) :D

    OdpowiedzUsuń