czwartek, 25 kwietnia 2013

Let's improve our Daily Stand-up

I found Scrum as a perfect solution for managing in my current project. Even if at first it was very difficult to implement it and our knowledge and understanding of this framework was poor. Day by day, week by week, sprint by sprint we gained more experience and everything became obvious and natural. We became agile team.

But...

There was still one small problem and I tried almost everything to make it usefull in our project. I've tried and tried and I always failed. What I'm writing about? About daily stand-up meetings.
Sometimes I really wanted to give up and drop this meetings at all. If they were useless what is the purpose to waste time so many people?
But if they really were useless? I decided to focus more on observing the team and I figured out that for some time most of people are interested, but there are also many places when they were bored. And so am I.

And that was it!

Recently, after our stand-up I asked my teammates to stay one minute longer in the room. I've gave them piece of paper, a pen and I've asked them to write down all information that was important for them.
It's turn around there were much more less information on paper than was said loudly.

"And those are information, which should be spoken, guys." - I told them.

Probably we will repeat this a few times, but I believe we finaly found solution, which can really improve our daily stand-ups and will make it more efficient.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz